Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Prepping for the PT Event

I'm gathering notes and rereading the books I have on the Permian Extinction. I am going to go about this differently than the other extinctions I've written short articles on. I am actually going to describe a bit the Permian ecology just prior to the extinction, what was lost, the evidence, the events themselves, and the aftermath. This extinction is a very important one that fewer people know about than the death of the dinos at the KT boundary. In fact, it is probably more important than the extinction of the dinosaurs, as much as that's unbelievable to most people. If I can get enough input from the right people, I'd love to do a WI post of what the world would have looked like if the Permian Extinctions hadn't happened. Everything will be cited. That way I can avoid some of the hairiness that happened before when I ventured into blogging about the Permian. :)

We'll see if I can get some people to discuss the critters of the end Permian here to do some extrapolations. If not, I'll post to SHWI, but I don't think that will work so well. Biological WIs are not as well recieved. or at least discussed.

No comments: